I like reading. I try to be intentional with my reading over the summer when I have a bit more margins in life. I like to read a spectrum of things, but definitely think it’s a time for personal development. I always try add a fiction book too….it helps recharge this introvert. Here’s my list for this summer…
- The Advantage – Patrick Lencioni, organizational leadership guru, summarized his books for us. I’ve read them all, but this looks like a great refresher.
- Launching Missional Communities – I’ve loved the stuff I’ve read that Mike Breen has put out. This book looks super practical for our stage of ministry here in Portland.
- Church History in Plain Language – This is an area I feel weak in knowledge and the Kindle version was only $5 the other day. #boom
- Gospel Powered Parenting – Another area I feel weak in. Started this tonight and it looks good. Nice summaries at the end of each chapter.
- I also put two kindle books on hold at the library that Matt Mikalatos recommended. Whenever I’m looking for a good fiction read I always ask him. I can’t remember what they were, but I’m sure they’re good. By the way, did you know you can check out books at the library on a kindle? The future is now.